Hi Melissa and welcome to HJ! We’re so excited to chat with you about your new release, Mistletoe Wedding!
Event planner Meg Redstone is dreaming of a white Christmas. Twinkling lights, sparkly decorations, and sprigs of strategically placed mistletoe will create a romantic holiday atmosphere for a local couple marrying at the Bar V5 dude ranch. Meg loves making dreams come true for other people, and her new guest services position at the ranch is a dream come true for her. The close-knit staff provides stability and a sense of family. If only that were enough for Meg’s young daughter, Brooklyn, who wants to spend Christmas with her father—a man she’s never met and who wants nothing to do with them.
Ranch foreman Tyler Murphy loves the holidays, but this year, his newest employee has upset Ty’s comfortable, settled lifestyle and taken over his barn with her over-the-top decorations. He admires Meg’s desire to give her kid the perfect Christmas while planning a winter wonderland wedding, but she’s forgotten her roots. He decides to show her that a Montana Christmas is more than glitter and lights, and finds himself enjoying every minute he spends with the pretty single mom and her cute little girl.
Yet, Ty resists the emotions Meg and Brooklyn bring out in him. An instant family is not on his Christmas wish list. He’s promised himself he’ll never do the dad thing again after raising his younger sister, but as the wedding day and Christmas draw near, he finds himself falling hard for both of them. Meg, however, is not interested in a romance with a cowboy like Ty, or any man for that matter. Getting her under the mistletoe is going to take a Christmas miracle . . . or a little help from Santa.
Fun facts about Mistletoe Wedding:
1) Last year, when I wrote hero Ty Murphy on the first page of his sister Rachel’s book, I knew he needed to have his own story!
2) When my kids were younger, they used to dress up our pets in costumes. That gave me the idea to have Brooklyn do the same with Dusty, the cattle dog.
3) When I cut down my first Christmas tree with a forest service permit, I didn’t realize how big it was until we reached the car. You can’t tell scale in the forest and the tree took up half my apartment living room. I used that experience with my heroine Meg and her tree.
4) The Marietta Stroll in my story is inspired by the Bozeman Stroll and others like it across the state of Montana.
5) I love to write about Christmas weddings because I wanted to have one myself!
Favorite Lines from Mistletoe Wedding:
1) He knew better than to get involved. His days of playing daddy were over.
2) This was going to be the best Christmas ever. She could feel it in her bones . . . and in her heart.
3) “It’s Christmas. Don’t be so cautious. Live it up.”
4) He squeezed her shoulder, and a part of her wanted to pretend they were together.
5) She tasted a hint of salt and a dash of coffee and an ounce of something that was all his own.
Thanks for blogging at HJ!
Giveaway: $5 Starbucks Giftcard and e-copy of Mistletoe Wedding
To enter Giveaway: Please complete the Rafflecopter form and Post a comment to this Q: I don’t have any good mistletoe kisses of my own so I make them up in my stories instead. Have you been kissed under the mistletoe?
Meet the Author
Melissa McClone’s degree in mechanical engineering from Stanford University led her to a job with a major airline where she travelled the globe and met her husband. But analyzing jet engine performance couldn’t compete with her love of writing happily ever afters. Her first full-time writing endeavor was her first sale when she was pregnant with her first child! Since then, she has published over twenty-five romance novels with Harlequin and been nominated for Romance Writers of America’s RITA award. When she isn’t writing, she’s usually driving her minivan to/from her children’s swim and soccer practices, 4-H meetings and dog shows. She also supports deployed service members through Soldiers’ Angels and fosters cats through a local non-kill rescue shelter. Melissa lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, three school-aged children, two spoiled Norwegian Elkhounds and cats who think they rule the house. Click here for Melissa’s novels!
Buy link: Mistletoe Wedding – http://amzn.to/1uyqclk