Today it is my pleasure to welcome romance author Kimberly Kincaid to HJ!
I asked Kimberly to tell us about her Top 5 Favorite scenes from the book, here are Kimberly’s picks:
Five Favorite Scenes From Turn Up The Heat
1. When Shane and Bellamy meet. I had such a clear picture of this in my head, to the point that when I wrote it, it flew right out. It’s in Shane point of view, and it was so much fun letting him see Bellamy, all freezing cold and furious, for the first time.
2. The Girlfriend Scene. Having a very close-knit set of girlfriends myself, I knew there would be at least one scene in Turn Up The Heat where Bellamy’s two besties stole the show. When she gets to the resort hotel room and her friends give her the world’s hardest time about the “hot mechanic checking her out”, all that good-natured teasing was art imitating life a little bit!
3. The First Kiss. Who doesn’t love that electric, sexy moment of the first kiss? Shane and Bellamy’s is a little unorthodox, but it’s definitely one of my favorite parts of Turn Up The Heat.
4. The Scene With The Snow Plow. I had the best time writing the scene where Shane’s buddy Jackson stumbles upon a sleeping Shane and Bellamy after they’ve been stranded in Grady’s Garage in the snow. For me, their reactions totally embodied all three characters to a T. Plus, writing Jackson’s reaction and Shane’s internal thought had me laughing out loud.
5. The Big I Love You. No spoilers. I just love it. If you want to see why, you’ll have to read!
GIVEAWAY: Print copy of TURN UP THE HEAT.
To enter Giveaway: Please complete the Rafflecopter form and post a comment to this Q: Have you ever been given the line “It’s not You” … ? Care to Share?
“It’s not you.”
There are only so many times a girl can hear those words before she believes that it is, in fact, very much her. Unexpectedly jilted by her locally famous boyfriend and haunted by a boss who makes Attila the Hun look like a lap dog, Bellamy Blake does what any self-respecting girl in her shoes would do. She rounds up her two best girlfriends and makes plans to get the hell out of Dodge.
But Bellamy’s escape plan takes a nose dive on the side of rural route 164 when her transmission self-destructs, leaving her in the middle of a cell phone dead zone with nothing but her wits. Oh, and Shane Griffin, the hottest mechanic who’s ever checked under her hood.
Yet this small-town man isn’t all he seems. Can Shane and Bellamy prove that sometimes the most unlikely ingredients make the most deliciously sexy mix?
Tour Wide Giveaway: Rafflecopter Giveaway ($25.00 Amazon or B&N Gift Card (Winner’s Choice) – a Rafflecopter giveaway
Kimberly Kincaid writes contemporary romance that splits the difference between sexy and sweet. When she’s not sitting cross-legged in an ancient desk chair known as “The Pleather Bomber”, she can be found practicing obscene amounts of yoga, whipping up anything from enchiladas to éclairs in her kitchen, or curled up with her nose in a book. Kimberly is a 2011 RWA Golden Heart® finalist who lives (and writes!) by the mantra that food is love. She has written two digital novellas, Love On The Line and Drawing The Line, about hot cops and sexy chefs, with a third novella, Outside The Lines, due this summer. She is also thrilled to have collaborated on a Christmas anthology with Donna Kauffman and Kate Angell, titled The Sugar Cookie Sweetheart Swap, to kick off her Pine Mountain foodie series with Kensington this October. Kimberly’s first full-length novel, Turn Up the Heat, will follow in February 2014. She resides in northern Virginia with her wildly patient husband and their three daughters.
Visit her any time at www.kimberlykincaid.com or come check her out on Facebook (www.facebook.com/kimberly.kincaid1) and Twitter (@kimberlykincaid).