We are addicted to Love, Laughter and HEA’s. Our motto here is Got HEA? will READ & Review
A voracious Reader. Addicted Blogger. Shoeaholic. Undomestic Goddess who thrives on Love, Laughter & HEA’s.
I (Sara) am the founder of Harlequin Junkie Blog and owner of an endless TBR pile. A Risk Analyst by day, who moonlights as a book blogger.
I read my very first Harlequin romance, LOVES TANGLED WEB by Mary Lyons, as a very young and impressionable pre-teen and it was the start of my lifelong love affair with romance novels that has spanned over two decades and still going strong. I have strayed over the years but have always found my way back to the romance genre, the ultimate in comfort reading. I thrive on ‘Love, Laughter and Happily Ever Afters.
Random Facts about Sara:
- I’m a California gal who loves the Ocean, the snow and Canadian winters 🙂
- I love everything “Serendipity” – The word, the movie and the froozen Hot Chocolate.
- I can belly dance & outrigger Paddle with the best of them.
- Henry Cavill ! OMG Henry Cavill 😉
- George is my favorite Seinfeld character…Yada Yada!
- I love tennis and Rafa Nadal in equal measure.
- I was a passenger on plane that blew an engine during takeoff and caught fire mid air …. and lived to talk about it 🙂
I’m a New Englander and I am married to my very handsome high school sweetheart. I’ve been in the customer service field for 20 years and I truly think I was born book obsessed!
Fantasy is my first literary love…I started reading JRR Tolkien and Madeleine L’Engle in elementary school. Then along came Stephen King and thus my focus on everything Paranormal began. I still look to Paranormal first but also enjoy Romantic Suspense, Contemporary Romance and Chick-Lit.
Random Facts about Michele:
- Who rocks my boat? ~ First: My Husband!!!! Secondly: Alex O’Loughlin 😉
- Favorite word ~ Wicked. It can mean so many things! (Both bad and good. Very, very good, actually!) We also use this word in New England in place of “very”. Such as “It’s a wicked good book.” 🙂
- Fave book ~ Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. It is a true classic, not only because of the popularity of the author, but because it perfectly captured what was going on in the world at the time it was written.
- Fave tv character ~ Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang Theory. Nerds are cool.
- Fave romantic movie ~ Hope Floats. I mean, Sandra Bullock and Harry Connick, Jr. Come on! What’s not to love?
I am from Wisconsin, but I moved to the Washington, DC area in 2014. It’s been quite a change, but I love that I get to read during my daily commute! I finally graduated in 2013 with a Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology (think psychology, but applied to work). By day, I work in HR developing and/or managing assessment and selection systems. By night, I consult with nursing graduate students in research methods and statistics.
I’ve been an avid reader for as long as I can remember. I love escaping into another world and the lives of characters found in books. I’ve always enjoyed a variety of genres, but I fell in love with romance when I first read my mom’s Harlequin Presents books. Since then, I’ve found a love for contemporary, historical, new adult, paranormal, dystopian, and erotica.
Random Facts about Kim:
- Two of my favorite books from my childhood and teenage years are The Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson and
- The Midnight Club by Christopher Pike.
- I love to bake! I’ve taken cake decorating classes and baked the cake for the 1st birthday party for my friends’ son.
- Favorite word: idiosyncrasy. I just love the rhythm of the word.
- I have an addiction to purses, especially the adorable Kate Spade clutches that look like books!
- I love sports! Tennis, football, and baseball are my favorites.
- Favorite TV shows: Castle, NCIS, Rizzoli and Isles, The Big Bang Theory, Grey’s Anatomy, and White Collar
I’m an Aussie with two extremely wonderful kids that keep me very busy. Luckily, I still find plenty of time to read, once they’re in bed each night. Or fall asleep during the day, when the older one finally wears himself out from playing. I’ve been a sandwich artist the past five years with Subway, but will be looking for something new when I finally return to work. Unfortunately, maternity leave can only last for so long, until finances become tight.
My love for romance novels materialized in my late teens, and my favorites are Paranormal, Contemporary and Romantic Suspense. My ebook reader has more than 2000 books stored on it. Of which, two hundred or so have been reviewed, for another site the past four years.
Random Facts about Bec:
- The day after I was married, I was relaxing by the pool of the resort we were staying at, when an earthquake struck. Talk about a frightening experience.
- I love a good Mystery, almost as much as a good Romance, and am eagerly awaiting the release, of Devil’s Bridge by Linda Fairstein. Bring on August 11.
- At the beginning of July, I started my own book blog, which is still a work in progress.
- I love amusement parks, most especially for the rides. The wilder, and scarier the ride, the better.
- I am an aspiring writer that has participated in Nanowrimo the last five years. I love the challenge, of attempting to write fifty thousand words in thirty days during November. Because when you win, it’s good to see that you’re finally one step closer, to achieving something on your bucket list.
- And finally, I watch the TV show Criminal Minds just to get my hourly fix of Special Agent Derek Morgan. He’s such a sexy hero.
I live in Connecticut. I’m a Senior Banking Coordinator at a third party payment processor. I’ve been there for almost eleven years now after graduating with a degree in psychology (which comes in handy when trying to analyze the craziness everyday!)
I used to read mainly thrillers and suspense until a few years ago when a friend introduced me to romance novels. I was hooked and have been reading them ever since.
Random Facts about Stacey:
- When I was a child I wanted to be a writer but stopped when people told me it wouldn’t go anywhere. Lately I’ve started up again so we’ll see what happens!
- My favorite book series is Preston and Child’s series about Special Agent Pendergast. I wasn’t so sure about it after book one but I kept going and I’m glad I stuck with it!
- I don’t watch much tv, but when I do it’s either Bones, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, or, if in season, a hockey game.
- I have two and a half dogs. A Jack Russell Terrier who has an obsession with the UPS man, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and a cat who thinks she’s a dog (hence the half). The cat like to go for walks with the dogs. Needless to say the neighbors always get a good laugh at her antics. 🙂
I first started reading romance books when my junior high locker partner would bring her mom’s Harlequins to school for us to swoon over. From there I branched off into historical romance by classic authors such as Johanna Lindsey, Barbara Cartland and Kathleen Woodiwiss. Though I still love historical romances to this day, I also really enjoy contemporary, new adult and erotic romances.
When I’m not busy reading, I’m a full time chemist for a pharmaceutical company and a married mother of two young children. I live in central Canada, and my motto is that the only way to combat a harsh Canadian winter is to read steamy books!
Random Facts about Maria
- I like to run and I participate in a few races for charity every year. I run anywhere from a 5K to a Half Marathon (21K/13miles) distance. My favourite part of race training is enjoying the outdoors and being able to listen to audiobooks.
- I’m half Swiss and Half Canadian. Therefore it should come as no surprise that chocolate and cheese are two of my favourite foods (and also explains why Roger Federer is my favourite tennis player).
- Driving trips are a favourite summer vacation for my family and we’ve been to several states and provinces on our holidays, including Yellowstone National Park which is one of my favourite destinations.
Hello there romance readers. Pennsylvania gal is in the house. I am a longtime bookaholic with a heavy emphasis on romance. I grew up reading Nancy Drew books and Romantic Suspense is still one of my favorite genres to read. Add in some cowboys and I’m in reader heaven. I have been an avid reader since I learned how to read. When I was a child my uncle used to say that if I couldn’t find anything else to read I’d probably pick up the phone book and start reading. Fortunately I never had to face that unthinkable situation. I used to walk approximately one mile to the library every Saturday carrying a big stack of books to return. That stack of books was just as tall on the way home.
Random Facts about Margie
- In addition to my book addiction I just might have an addiction to putting together charity raffle baskets. A few years ago I carted 21 raffle baskets to Lori Foster’s Reader & Author Get Together.
- I have three grown children and three beautiful granddaughters. My youngest granddaughter doesn’t call me Grammy like the other ones. She calls me “Gramulance.” Yes, I’m the one who gets the emergency calls from the nurse’s office at school.
- I’m a dog lover. We have 4 Golden Retrievers living with us. Liberty Lu and Bella are my furbabies. My granddogs are Sidney Pawsby and Tucker. I live with a lot of dog fur.
- Once I discovered romance conferences I found my happy place. I am registered/hope to be registered to attend eight cons in 2019. I swear I am cutting down on this next year.
Hi all! My name is Valerie and I’m a book addict who hopes to NEVER recover. Though I currently live in Maryland I am an army brat and therefore am really from everywhere and nowhere. My husband still teases me when I get the “itch.” I think I can actually thank the Army for my love of books, they were always there traveling with me whether it was across the state, the country or the ocean.
I love books in general, can thank my grandmother and great grandmother for introducing me to romance novels when I was 12 and spent the summer with them. Nora Roberts was my first and I love her to this day. Though I now read all sorts of romance novels and am happy as long as there is a HEA. I wish I could spend my days reading though and on my very occasional “free” day you can find me with a book and a cup of tea curled up in my big overstuffed chair.
Random Facts about Valerie:
- In my dream house the library is the largest room in house
- I’ve been known to pick up books if they are set in Ireland just to be transported there for even a little bit
- I’m in love with “old dead guys, ” like Frank Sinatra, Fred Astaire and John Wayne
- We are getting ready to move again so we don’t currently have tv, I’m more upset about not having my sports (Hockey and Football) then I am about not having my shows
Hello! My name is Jen and I am a Bookworm!
I live in Euclid, Ohio with my husband of 14 years. I am a computer programmer so books are my chance to escape reality and slip into another world.
I love all types of books, Comtemporary Romance, Paranormal Romance, Historical Romance, Chick-lit, Christian Romance, and Mysteries. I actually have yet to find a book I haven’t liked. Some of my favorite authors include: Jillian Hart, Sandra Bricker, JR Ward, Lara Adrian, Donna Grant, Shannon Stacy, Susan Mallery, Nora Roberts, and Linda Lael Miller.
I generally read about 2 to 3 books a week, and my idea of the PERFECT vacation would be a cabin in the woods with a chair on the deck, a cold drink and a great book.
Random facts about Jen:
- When I was in elementry school I hated to read. I just could not find anything that would hold my interest, until my 7th grade teacher gave me a copy of “Christy’s Choice” by Maud Johnson and asked me to just try it. I have been hooked ever since and still have that copy of the book.
- My all time favorite movie is “An American President”.
- One of my favorite books\series is Susan Mallery’s Buchanan Series. 4 Hunky Guys, 4 Strong Independent Women, 4 HEA, what more can you ask for.
- My favorite TV shows include Big Bang Theory, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Grays Anatomy, and Game of Thrones
- I am a HUGE Country Music Fan! Rascel Flatts and Luke Bryan are MY GUYS!
- My family is involved in a train club called The Lake Shore Live Steamers. Everyone rides on train days!
Hi, I’m Jennifer and have two vices that I am addicted to. Books and Pens. I can’t leave a store without buying either. I am a full time graduate student and any free time I have, goes to reading.
Linda Howard and Carolyn Brown turned me onto romance novels, but the Harry Potter series is what started my love for reading. I will read anything with a HEA. A happily ever after is important to me in books, otherwise I would just turn on the news. I love Contemporary, Paranormal and Romantic Suspense.
I have one hard limit when it comes to books. I can’t tolerate cheating between the hero and the heroine. I don’t care if they were cheated on in the past, it just can’t be between the two main characters.
Random Facts about Jennifer
- I live in Florida with my husband and our very active two year old son.
- My favorite series include the Lucky series by Carolyn Brown, the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, the Breeds by Lora Leigh, the KGI series by Maya Banks and the Hard Ink series by Laura Kaye.
- I prefer books to movies.
- If I do turn on the television, it’s to watch Lip Sync Battle, Chrisley Knows Best, or Extreme Weight Loss.
- I can’t do chores or exercise without my IPOD on.
- I love all types of music, but country music is in my soul…..older country (think Brooks & Dunn & Reba.)
- I have a notebook filled with story ideas that I want to write, assuming I ever find the time.
Interested in being a Junkie? Please complete the attached HJ Reviewer Application form
All Avatars were provided to HJ by the individuals listed above and are property of their owners.